Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Break a Leg

Tonight was the Logan Center's performance of Aladdin.  I have been helping with it since Sara is in the play.  It has been sooooo much fun hanging out with the cast and seeing them put together a great performance!!
This is where Aladdin is caught stealing an apple.  They sung and had some scene blocking, there was some sword fighting, and capturing of thieves...

These kids sang some great songs, but the best was Christian's (Genie) rendition of "Friend Like Me".  Christian was hilarious!!  He did his own choreography, much which came from the movie.  Just thinking about it makes me smile.  That kid had style!!


This picture captures the night perfectly.  Each member of the cast is on the Autism Spectrum...so
needless so say there was some wondering around, waving at friends in the crowd, forgetting lines, 
telling others they forgot their line, and of course over-dramatic acting.
These are some of my favorite things about these kids, that kept me smiling ear to ear and trying to stifle my laughter...laughter makes them continue the behavior--good or bad :) They live to make people laugh!

I call this the "P-TOWN" crew.  Sara (green jacket) and Christian (gold and black jacket) have quite the following.  These two kids are truly loved and I am so glad that I know them and get to work with them :)

Of course we had to celebrate after.  This is Alex, Sara, and Kimmy. Alex and Kimmy are Sara's school aide Christin's kids....did you follow that....ha.  We walked to the Chocolate Factory and had some dessert. YUMMY!!

No comments: